Sunday, September 12, 2010

T.O. A-Z | One Man's Trash

Heading off to the grocery store I couldn’t find a quarter anywhere. A couple of useless nickels were all I could find, certainly not big enough to unlock a cart, and definitely not enough to do the awkward-coins-for-cart-exchange.

Luckily for me I saw a few stray carts in the parking lot. I grabbed my grocery list, shopping baskets and ran over. Shoot, as I got closer I noticed that two of the carts were connected, but one was free.

Flyers lined the inside of the cart, and it was missing a handle, but it was free. Grabbing the flyers with one hand I formed a huge ball. Rather than tossing the papers into the garbage I shot a three-pointer into an abandoned cart housing a huge garbage bag.

“Hey lady”, a man smiled at me, “You think that’s garbage? That’s not garbage, it’s my stuff!” I returned the smile, retrieved the un-crumpled paper, and it was then that I saw a small cardboard box filled with groceries proudly perched on top of the garbage bag.

VIDEO, THE ROOTS, DEAR GOD 2.0 FT. MONSTERS OF FOLK

No comments: