Friday, July 16, 2010

Cindy on her soapbox | Me and the Devil

Between slipping in and out of consciousness, I glance at those around me who are aggressively pursuing status, one-upmanship, and the straight gimme gimme of things. I then wonder what would happen to the outcome of these peoples lives if the wind picked up their sail boats and navigated them towards harmony.

To this day I still remember a conversation an older friend and I had about her son. Confessing to me that her Son didn’t find her to be a role model, instead, he looked at her commitment towards work as the exact opposite life he intended to live. You see, her son wasn’t about to give his nine-to-five to any corporation for the next 35 years. Instead, he’s off pursuing harmony—looking for a job that will bring him an honest living & enjoyment. His noted trade-off is that he’d rather live a life of harmony over a life filled with soft chairs and rooms without laughter.

VIDEO - GIL SCOTT HERON, ME AND THE DEVIL



The Devil convinced us that God doesn’t exist, and then he convinced us that consumption is the way to civility.

No comments: